This & That
Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child
The Mission Committee has voted to again participate in “Operation Christmas Child". For you early planners and shoppers, you can begin to collect small items for a boy or girl that will fit in a container the size of a shoebox. We have an ambitious goal of 100 boxes this year! Preprinted shoeboxes are now available in the Fellowship Hall. The final deadline to return them will be November 12. In 2016, collections worldwide totaled 11,485,662 boxes from groups just like Saint Paul.
If you can't make it by the church to pick up a shoebox, you can use an average sized shoebox. Wrap the box and cover separately. Here are some additional guidelines:
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Yvonne Redelfs.
- Boxes will be available on Sunday, September 24 in the Fellowship Hall.
- Boxes need to be returned by Sunday, November 12.
- Be sure to include in the box a $9 check, made out to Samaritan’s Purse, which covers the cost of shipping.
- If you are filling more than one box you can write one check to cover the shipping. Just multiply $9 for each box you are filling.
- You can also go to the Samaritan's Purse website and pay for the shipping cost online. You'll be able to download a label and follow your box. Just follow the label instructions on the website and then bring your box with the label to the Fellowship Hall where it will be taken to a drop off point.
- If you want to participate in this activity but are unable to shop, a monetary donation can be made and Yvonne will shop and fill a box for you, or your donation, in any amount, can be used to offset shipping. Make your check out to Samaritan’s Purse and give it to Yvonne Redelfs.
- When you pick up a preprinted shoebox from the table in the Fellowship Hall, an information sheet will be inside each box. Fill the box with your gift items, place the label on top indicating age and gender, enclose $9 cash or check for shipping, put a rubber band around the box, and return it to the church no later than November 12. On this date we will dedicate the boxes and then take them to a drop off point in the Metroplex.
Saint Paul has a prayer circle that will pray for you or someone you care about when there is need of special prayers. You can call the Church office at 817-281-3175 from 9 a.m. until noon during the week with any prayer requests. Your request will be confidential if you so desire. The members of the prayer circle have promised to pray for the person for seven days. If you'd like to be part of the prayer cirlce, please notify Walker.
Saint Paul Choir
Our choir, which we all love, has lost some important members. It is incumbent upon all of us to help. Every one of us needs to search our mind for people who like to sing and invite them, or give them a ride so they can be in the choir. Bad things happen when good people stand by and do nothing. In the words of a modern day philosopher, lets "Get 'er done."
Also, the Saint Paul Choir's second CD, I Trust in the Lord, has been completed and is ready for distribution. Suggested donation is $10. See Chuck Compher to reserve your copy.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Kroger Community Rewards Program is on summer vacation until August 30th. You must relink your loyalty card for the 2017/18 year beginning any time after August 1st. The credits will resume on August 30th. Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com, enter your email and password, and follow the on-screen instructions. None of your purchases will count until you relink to St. Paul (#80988). If you have any problems, call Kroger's Online Account Customer Service at 1-866-221-4141. This is a no-cost, easy way, for St. Paul to earn money to help many of our mission programs.
Sync our Church Directory to your Mobile Device
Here are some useful instructions for how to download and install the mobile app:
- Go to your app store for your device.
- Search for “Instant Church Directory” and install the app.
- Once installed, open the app.
- You will be prompted to “request password”.
- Request a password using your email address listed in the current Member Directory.
- Click “request password” button.
- A unique password will be sent to the email address you supplied. Once you receive the password, sign in to connect to the church directory.
- Once logged in, the directory will display. You’ll notice some names with an [f]. These are folks who are no longer active members but who remain as St. Paul friends.